The Civil Health Operation is seeking an Enterprise Architect, contingent upon contract, in Baltimore, MD.
The Information Technology Support Services Contract (ITSSC) program is currently look to fill an Enterprise Architect position with the Social Security Administration’s Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO).
Key Personnel - Enterprise Architect shall:
1. Provides overall direction, guidance, and definition of IT architecture to effectively
support the corporate business strategy.
2. Supports all architectural disciplines and champions’ architectural initiatives.
3. Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business
processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
4. Establishes and oversees the architecture team, including the recruitment, development, and maintenance of the architecture staff.
5. Leads programs to develop, maintain, and govern the enterprise architecture across the organization.
6. Works on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge across multiple
specialized architecture domains.
7. Leads the EA review board and ensures that the solutions are compliant with target-state architecture models.
8. Aligns architecture strategy with business goals.
9. Defines, explains, and advocates technology strategy.
10. Develops and communicates architectural policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
11. Promotes the EA process, outcomes, and results to the organization and senior leadership.
12. Leads and facilitates the creation of governing principles to guide EA decision making.
13. Leads the EA governance processes.
14. Manages exceptions to architectural standards at an enterprise level.
15. Reviews and/or analyzes and develops architectural requirements as needed for the
16. Ensures the conceptual completeness of the technical solutions.
17. Leads teams in developing technology plans.
18. Approves modification of the enterprise architecture to accommodate project needs.
19. Provides strategic consultation to business and IT leaders.
20. Advises on options, risks, costs versus benefits, system impacts, and technology
21. Works with business leaders to understand business requirements and help them
understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy.
22. Consults with project teams to fit projects to enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
23. Develops a communication plan for architecture at the enterprise level.
24. Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Masters’ degree or higher
Ten years advance level IT experience, including experience in emerging technologies
Expert level IT certifications
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.