Systems Engineer Lead
Experienced Systems Engineer Lead contributing to the design, build, integration, test, and delivery of the Common Systems Infrastructure (CSI) Aeronautics F-35 Reprogramming Lab, supporting the ACURL and NIRL Programs in Fort Worth, Texas, San Antonio Texas, and Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
• Participates in requirements analysis, requirements definition, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification), and validation.
• Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
• Plans sub tasks for activities related to the development and integration cycles
• Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
• Defines processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
• Identifies, analyzes and resolves system design weaknesses
• Receives instructions from immediate lead/supervisor
• Contact with multiple engineering, operations, security, and sustainment work groups
• Works under general supervision
• Contact with Operations Manager, Chief Engineer (CE), Deputy Chief Engineer (DPE), and other professionals within the Engineering department
• Will require contact outside Engineering with external customers and Joint Program Office (JPO)
• CONUS travel will be required
• Design Verification Testing
• Security clearance is required
• Provides resolution to problems of moderate scope
• Keeps abreast of technology trend
CSI Engineers are also expected to perform tasks to support CSI. Many tasks performed by the System Administrators are also tasks that are performed initially by Engineers to support the developed/deployed CSI systems.
CSI Engineer will perform duties to include the following;
• Provide, manage and support CSI
• Maintain/Install RMF/JSIG compliant updates
• Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
• Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
• Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access and/or comply with established CSI standards.
• Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
The selected applicant may be required to work at deployed locations and/or work rotating shifts.
Bachelor's degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree. Agile experience preferred.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last five years. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access and maintain a current Security + (CE) certification
In addition to the following:
• Solid knowledge of systems engineering concepts, principles, and theories
• Solid knowledge of requirements management
• Ability to grasp and apply new information quickly and able to handle more complex assignments
• Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
• Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
• Solid written and verbal communications skills
• Creative thinker
• Ability to multi-task between the two tasks (ACURL & NIRL)
• Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
• Solid skills in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
• Ability to clearly recognize and report relevant to sound systems engineering design
• Strong systems administration process background
• Must be willing to work off hours depending on operational needs.
• Travel periodically outside the local region to CONUS locations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation materials for engineering, program, and contract leadership
• Proficiency in all MS Office applications
• Familiarity with existing COTS products and vendor processes
• Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
o Windows 7, Windows 10, and Server 2012 (administrator and general use experience)
o Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
o Virtualization experience w/ VMWare, vCenter, ESXi, etc
o Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting all aspects of Enterprise Server Racks including Blade Servers
o Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting client workstations and infrastructure to include both thick and thin clients as well as the supporting Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
o Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
o Setting up, configuring, and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc)
o Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols (CIFS/NFS)
o Working knowledge of security architecture with integration into multi-layered data separation architecture
o Ability to work with COTS vendor supplied tools from Dell, Netapp, Microsoft, VMWare and Cisco
o Perform backup and recovery of physical servers (Windows 2012 OS), virtual machines, ESX servers, etc.
o Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Disk
o Hardware/System health and status monitoring of physical and virtual servers
o Schedule, coordinate and perform system maintenance; scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
o Schedule, coordinate and perform software maintenance; applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
o User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
• COTS/developed software skills
• Software Engineering background and experience
• Integration & Test experience
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.