- Directly responsible for the execution of the project construction.
- Manages construction activities following project plans, specifications, and project schedules.
- Keeps the relevant project managers informed of project status, issues, and incidents for the project.
- Plan and coordinate for availability of equipment, tools and materials required to execute self-perform scopes of work
- Performs planning and estimating as required to support construction estimates, schedules, and procurements. This may include schedule development, design reviews, constructability reviews, development of material take-offs and “bills of materials” based on engineering design drawings and project specifications, and development of cost and labor estimates
- Responsible for change control during the construction phase of projects and for managing budgets tied to construction activities.
- Identifies required design and specification changes prior to construction.
- Participates in project meetings/teleconferences to monitor progress, implement procedures, ensure compliance with specifications and standards, and ensure safety procedures are being followed.
- Reports project progress in relation to project schedules, and updates schedules at required intervals.
- Interacts with National Science Foundation, military and other agency officials in a professional and tactful manner, on an as needed basis.
- Communicates professionally, both orally and in writing, with subordinates as needed to relay information they need in order to be successful in their jobs. This includes, but is not limited to, staff meetings, performance appraisals, job requirements, projects, Quality Standard Procedures, and safety practices.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a safe workplace program and ensuring that safety is the highest priority on the job site.
- In McMurdo, represent AIMS team and serve as on-site Point of Contact for subcontracted construction activities. Interacts with subcontractor management to ensure delivery of scope in accordance with specifications, schedules, quality and other project requirements.
- Performs other duties as required
PHYSICAL AND / OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS: Deployment to Antarctica is required in this position at discretion of management. When required to deploy, the individual in the position must successfully complete the physical and dental examinations, as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica. Failure to meet these requirements may result in withdrawal of employment offer or other employment action. Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure. US citizenship or permanent residence is required.
EDUCATION: Typically requires a BA/BS degree. BA/BS degree in Management, engineering, or related discipline is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a minimum of ten years of relevant experience is required, including 5 years of construction supervision. Experience supervising trades employees, project scheduling and project cost estimating is required.
- Experience executing facility construction projects in remote and logistically challenging locations.
- Experience working in a matrixed organization of Project Managers, Construction Managers, Engineers, Estimators, Project Controls and Drafters.
- Experience managing field crews and coordinating multiple subcontractors simultaneously.
- Experience managing field changes, quality control inspections, final punch-lists, progress reporting, and other activities supporting Final Completion.
- Experience developing and reviewing project schedules for completeness and accuracy. Primavera and Microsoft Project experience preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.