Instructional Systems Designer
This position requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph in order to be considered. This is a full-time position.
The Instructional Design (ISD) specialist will support implementation of a Strategic Workforce Review.
The ISD will provide support for the design and development of evaluation and student assessment programs for Phase 1 (foundational) and Phase 2 (specialty) training programs that support three courses of study. The goal of the evaluation programs is to verify that the Phase 1 and 2 training programs are effective in preparing students to meet minimum competency standards. The goal of student performance assessments is to verify that student learning during each phase is consistent with expectations for achievement. The ISD will design, develop, implement, and evaluate Likert-type surveys and provide trends and modification recommendations to the customer. The ISD will work closely with program leadership in documenting evaluation plans, survey designs, evaluation criteria, and the analytical methods to be applied.
The ISD will provide technical support for the implementation of the updated curriculum concepts and plans which include requirements to implement the new Phase 1 and Phase 2 curricula. The ISD will review, update, refine, and apply newly established competency requirements to create an efficient sequence of courses and activities that incorporate proven technical training methods while exploiting opportunities to introduce web-based learning designs. The ISD will provide technical assistance to subject matter experts (SME) and instructors for tailoring existing courses to fit seamlessly within the new program.
• Design and develop Level-1 evaluation concepts, scope, and tools.
• Analyze findings and report trends to the customer.
• Provide recommended modifications to the customer to validate content and to ensure students are meeting expected outcomes.
• Consult with instructors and SMEs to determine instructional requirements, collect data, customize design proposals, and implement solutions.
• Design and develop new learner activities and exercises including technical training methods into approved training concepts.
• Work closely with SMEs and instructors to review and revise training materials including lesson plans, student guides, online content, job aids,
• Review overall program and implement revisions to ensure all training fits together in a clear and consistent manner.
• Perform quality control on all instructional materials, lesson plans, and technical solutions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree with at least ten years of experience in the following:
• Demonstrated experience working with subject matter experts to analyze and determine learning requirements, design solutions, develop engaging content, and implement and evaluate a variety of training solutions.
• Experience with the ADDIE model of instructional design, or the equivalent, as well as experience and familiarity with a broad range of adult learning theories and models for evaluation of adult learning.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge developing online training and learning tools and the knowledge to be able to successfully differentiate the needs of online training from instructor-led training.
• Ability to develop strategies for a variety of learning types and their delivery on a variety of platforms.
• Experience developing learning content in Adobe Captivate, Lectora, or the equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully individually, within a team, and across multidisciplinary teams.
• Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service support.
• Demonstrated ability to initiate projects, determine how to effectively move them through to completion, and then to successfully complete those projects.
• Communication skills in visual, oral and written form to explain instructional options, recommendations and rationale to decision-makers and subject matter experts.
• Self-starter with the ability to determine learning needs, propose design solutions, collaborate with stakeholders and provide excellent customer service.
• Demonstrated experience/ability to collect, analyze and report on courses and their impact on learning to inform design decisions or projects.
• Master’s Degree in adult learning, education, or online learning.
• Program evaluation experience including qualitative and quantitative analysis and data tracking.
• Ability to plan, track, and manage a project.
• HTML and/or other graphic and web based tools for developing online training tools and products.
• Familiarity with the specific customer, their tools, and current technologies.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.