Substation CAD Drafter
Leidos is seeking a Substation CAD Drafter in our Lisle, IL office who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Commercial Energy Solutions organization; specifically our Power Delivery division: an established group of electric utility engineering consultants that solve challenging substation engineering problems for our utility clients Nation-wide. The Associate Substation CAD Drafter will work under the mentorship of a seasoned CAD Drafter in a fast paced environment to perform various drafting and detailing functions using MicroStation and AutoCAD software for various utility clients. This individual is expected to develop skills in the field of substation drafting and the ability to work with increased independence.
In this role the qualified individual will be working closely with multiple design engineers and designers to complete Drafting and Detailing tasks at a high level of quality, efficiency and productivity as required for execution of substation projects. The main areas of expected work are described below:
• Protection & Control, SCADA, Communications (Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, SCADA and Communication drawings, Control Building Layouts and Elevations, Panel Front Views and Cabinet Layouts, Wiring Diagrams, Interconnection Drawings, AC/DC Station Service drawings and other miscellaneous drawings as required by project scope)
• Physical Electrical (General Arrangement, Electrical Plans, Electrical Elevations, Sections and Details, Foundation Plans and Details, Structural Details, Grounding Plan and Details, Raceway Plan and Details, Equipment Vendor Files and other drawings as required by project scope).
• Support remote office overflow CAD workload on a need and availability basis. This will require coordination with other CAD leads in Leidos offices.
• Associates degree with 4+ years of relevant drafting and detailing experience with AutoCAD 2013 and/or MicroStation V7/V8/V8i. High School diploma with additional years experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Knowledge of drafting principles, techniques and procedures.
• Proficiency with the manipulation of vector and raster drawing files in AutoCAD and Microstation.
• Ability to create and/or modify drawings from engineer-provided markups with a high level of attention to details.
• Proficiency with Windows XP/VISTA/7 operating system environments.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
• Experience with file sharing, document management and collaboration tools such as ProjectWise, FTP, SharePoint, etc.
• Strong professional verbal and written communication skills within a team environment.
• Highly organized and efficient.
• Ability to understand and implement a wide range of client CAD standards.
• Ability to perform tasks in a fast paced engineering/production environment.
• Associate of Applied Science in Drafting and Design from an accredited institution preferred.
• Experience with 3-D modelling in MicroStation and/or AutoCAD preferred.
• Knowledge of VBA and/or AutoLisp preferred.
Leidos is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.