Systems Administrator Subject Matter Expert
The TFDM program (in support of Leidos Transportation Solutions group) is seeking an expert System Administrator to join our Aviation Lab Engineering Team.
This position will be responsible for creating and implementing innovative solutions for current and emerging technologies used in our software development and test labs.
Specific duties include:
- Design of infrastructure solutions to meet development and testing requirements.
- Create and implement lab environment capacity and security requirements.
- Use scripting to automate software installation, configuration, and administration of LINUX and UNIX systems.
- Create and oversee the implementation of system level architectural lab plans for servers, workstations, storage and associated networks.
- Work with Engineering leads to gather system requirements and create plans to implement the requirements for physical and virtual systems with external connectivity to outside sources including the cloud.
- Assist with system integration of hardware and associated developed code and COTS.
- Drawing upon OS, SAN, Cloud, Security, Scripting and Systems Integration expertise, provide contract milestone support to software and system engineering groups to ensure the implemented solution meets contract requirements.
- Effectively troubleshoot complex system issues with time critical impacts.
- Create and consult on documentation for contract delivery.
- Act as a technical lead for the team giving direction and feedback to team members to ensure mission success.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Work with corporate IT groups to ensure program labs are secure while having the access needed across various WANs to be able to perform to meet contract requirements.
- Associate corporate IT responsibilities include providing required network ports and protocol in order to create firewall policies.
Typical education and experience:
- Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Red Hat Linux V6, V7 - should possess RHCE knowledge level
- Windows 7/10/2003/2008/2012
- Shell Scripting, Kickstart
- Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, Windows Terminal Services
- SAN/NAS Operations Netapp
- Security DISA STIGS, Nessus
- Amazon Web Services implementation and Administration
- Networking TCP/IP, VPN, Router/Switch (LAN and WAN) design and configuration, Firewall Implementation
- VMware vSphere
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.