Leidos Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) currently has an opportunity for an entry level Electrical Engineer located in Long Beach, MS. In this role, the selected candidate will work with a team of engineers and scientists developing innovative solutions to complex engineering problems. The position will design and test hardware used in high reliability data acquisition systems, embedded systems, digital telemetry systems (RF, optical fiber, or satellite), and autonomous navigation control systems. This junior position will report to an Engineering Manager and work under the guidance of senior engineers with opportunities to advance in technical responsibilities.
- Develop circuit designs (schematic/firmware/digital/analog)
- Perform circuit/system simulations
- Oversee production of prototypes and production PCBs
- Integrate subsystems and provide field support for finished systems
- Perform research and development activities in a lab, in the field, or at sea
- Provide support for scientific measurements and verification/validation activities
- Produce detailed test plans, procedures, and reports
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited program and less than 2 years of experience
- Experience or coursework with both analog and digital circuitry design
- Basic understanding of analog filters, opamp circuits, ADC/DAC converters, embedded microprocessors, and logic design
- Familiarity with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and signal generators
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Position requires US citizenship and ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance
- Experience with Python, PLCs, SPICE simulation, Matlab, Verilog, Microchip PICs, Xilinx FPGAs, OrCAD Schematic capture, Linux, national Instruments LabView
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.