Senior Audio Engineer
The Leidos Airborne Integration & Ground Processing Systems operation of the Advanced Solutions Group currently has a career opportunity for a Field Service Engineer The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division currently has an opening for a Senior Audio Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO with telecommuting possible. This is a part time position requiring work schedule of up to 10 hours a week, on average.
The selected candidate will design, test, and functionally check an audio interface device. The candidate will design a solution, which will result in a prototype system, to interface a VoIP phone to a military crew intercom system. The selected candidate will also be responsible for:
- Developing test plans and conduct test activities with both prototype and production designs and validate requirements.
- Functional testing the audio interface device with the customer at the customer site.
- Support of fielding events as required, to include travel to customer sites.
- Developing manufacturing procedures and support the selection of a third party manufacturer should the design effort result in a product.
- Providing subject matter expertise to Leidos and/or the customer related to intercom systems and best practices.
- System design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation.
- Developing and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams.
External Referral Bonus Program Eligible
- Ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering or related discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- 15-20 years of related experience
- Must be able/willing to travel up to 25% annually
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with audio engineering and integration
- Strong background in audio engineering and system development to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software is required as well as significant previous audio engineering experience
- Expert interpersonal skills when working as part of a team and capable of working independently when required
- Proficient with MS Office products to include Visio
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.