Logistics Exercise Planner
Leidos is actively interviewing for a Logistics Exercise Planner to join our team at MacDill AFB.
This position is located in the Headquarters, United States Marine Corps Forces Central Command (USMARCENT), and supports the Assistant Chief of Staff for Logistics G-4 (AC/S G-4).
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as the Lead Exercise Planner within the Logistics Plans/Exercises Branch, USMARCENT G-4. The contractor assists in the organization's logistics planning for United States Central Command (USCENTCOM) and USMARCENT exercises, which include the functions of supply, health service support, general engineering, maintenance, services, fuels, and transportation.
Serving as a principle logistics exercise advisor to Commander USMARCENT and the USMARCENT senior staff, this individual’s primary purpose is to provide logistics guidance and support to units and organizations supporting operations in the USCENTCOM area of responsibility.
· Provides logistics planning guidance and expertise in the development of exercise support plans. Ensures adequate life support and logistics services are provided for USMC forces participating in USCENTCOM exercises. This includes exercises conducted by other CENTCOM components as well (i.e., NAVCENT, SOCCENT, etc.).
· Ability to plan, initiate, and coordinate a variety of logistics tasks relating to complex operational employment of military forces in a multi-national exercise.
· Provides logistics planning expertise to USMARCENT exercise planning teams and participates in initial planning conferences, mid planning conferences, final planning conferences, and exercises abroad.
· Reviews proposed exercises to ensure they are logistically supportable. Drafts logistics input for inclusion in exercise planning.
· Evaluates missions and functions, work methods and procedures and makes improvements. Develops and implements efficiencies where applicable.
· Establishes and adjusts exercise documents for the development and improvement of logistics programs, ensuring that exercise plans meet mission requirements and incorporate latest logistics support concepts.
· Conducts liaison and coordination with planners and action officers at HQMC, HQ USCENTCOM, and other military staffs, as required.
· Reviews and provides input to US Marine Corps and USCENTCOM policy documents.
· Develops logistics Master Scenario Event List (MSEL) inject items in support of USCENTCOM and USMARCENT exercises.
· Functions as project team lead, as required.
· Oversees the development of logistical exercise support plans and guidance for deployment and redeployment of participating units.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
ExExternal Referral Eligible
The contractor must have outstanding and demonstrated ability to plan, initiate, and coordinate a variety of logistics tasks relating to complex operational employment of military forces in a multi-national exercise.
- Bachelor's degree and 10 years of relevant experience with Marine Corps logistics support programs and exercise planning.
- Active Top Secret security clearance and must be able to obtain a Top Secret-Sensitive Compartmented Information security clearance.
- Current US Passport with the ability to travel and work overseas.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a planner on a general officer-level staff.
- Ability to interact with high level staff officers in order to advise and assist them with logistics functions.
- Experience, education or training involving judgment and/or analytical ability in the logistics field. Experience using computer and automation systems.
- Experience integrating the actions and input of a variety of specialized logistics support activities (i.e. supply, maintenance, transportation) in order to develop a comprehensive logistics plan for an exercise.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS SharePoint, and Audio/Video conferencing.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years of relevant experience with Marine Corps logistics support programs and exercise planning.
- Retired or Reserve USMC officer.
- Graduate of pertinent Top Level Schools and Command and General Staff College.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a Combatant Command or Component Command.
- In-depth understanding of US Central Command’s logistics planning processes.
- Long established interpersonal relationships with key members of the US Central Command and US Marine Corps Forces Central Command Staffs.
- Experience in recommending and establishing logistics policy and commodity sustainment concepts relating to complex operational, technical, and administrative problems at the Component level is desired
- Ability to lead and/or serve on an Operational Planning Team (OPT).
- Ability to independently plan, design, perform responsibilities, apply mature judgement, have a high degree of initiative, as well as develop new concepts.Ability to work in a drug free environment and pass random urinalysis testing.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.