The Health Products and Solutions Group is seeking an experienced Technical Manager to lead a team of Firewall, Proxy and VPN professionals (employees & subcontractors) supporting a large government healthcare contracts in Baltimore. This Technical Manager will immediately provide strategic and tactical support to the existing team of 12 Firewall, Proxy Services and VPN team members that support multiple government customer contracts. The environment supported consists of 300+ applications running in 4 data centers.
The technical manager is responsible for:
· Manage the performance of the team and team members;
· Optimizing the team structure and procedures;
· Focusing the team and individuals on defining and achieving goals, roles & responsibilities;
· Enhancing engineering capabilities and requirements evaluation;
· Enhancing operational processes for fulfilling service requests, supporting incident management, and developing BOEs and BOMs for proposals;
· Ensuring continual documentation updates to the application flows, the knowledge base, and topology diagrams;
· Provisioning team training, cross-training, and lunch & learn sessions;
· Tracking metrics and SLAs for work performed;
· Ensuring utilization of industry best practices and FISMA standards;
· Enhancing internal audit procedures;
· Managing the inventory of hardware, software assets, changes, and configurations;
· Utilizing appropriate tools to manage and monitor the infrastructure capacity and performance
· Supporting development of proposals that require changes;
· Automating provisioning and testing of changes to improve quality and timing of implementation;
· Upgrade hardware, software, and firmware to N-1 level
· Coordinating with other stakeholders and internal Service Areas (including Data Communications, Voice Communications, Unix, Wintel, Storage, Data Center, NCC, Mainframe, etc.);
· Working with program leadership to identify and address existing operational issues and forecast emerging issues
Influence: Leads the team in deploying, supporting, maintaining, and optimizing the technology products, processes, standards and operational plans in support of the Infrastructure organization. Has budget, personnel, and administrative accountability. Provides Leidos management, staff and customer with plans, status, issues, risks of the systems functions performed by the team.
Complexity: Problems and issues faced are complex and require information gathering and analysis to understand. Problems are difficult and complex. Activities involve multiple deployments, technical support, maintenance, problem resolution, and development of ROMs and proposals for multiple projects. Resolves highly complex problems using significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Develops solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
Communication: Requires ability to communicate with management (internally and client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization and technical functions. Works to convince others to accept area’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Leadership / Talent Management: Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead the Firewall, Proxy and VPN teams. Typically has advanced knowledge and skills for the technologies supported and a general range of knowledge of the other areas within the technology infrastructure organization.
Knowledge: Has in-depth understanding of technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs. Serves as a subject matter expert within technical domain area.
BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos Clearance Level: Must Be Able To Obtain Public Trust
· Firewall implementation knowledge and skills;
· Knowledge of TeleCommunications;
· Experience engaging with mid-level customers
· Technology Supported: Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco ASA, Cisco ISE, Cisco Firepower, Palo Alto, Fortinet, F5, RSA, Blue Coat Proxy
· Knowledge of Services Supported: Enterprise VPN, IPS/IDS Services, DR, BCP
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.