Network Services Manager
The Health Products and Solutions Group is seeking an experienced Network Services Manager to lead a Telecommunications team consisting of Data Communications, Voice Communications, Audio/Visual, and Firewall/Proxy/VPN teams (consisting of employees & subcontractors) supporting a large government healthcare contracts in Baltimore. This Network Services Manager will immediately provide strategic and tactical support to the existing teams that support multiple government customer contracts. The environment supported consists of 300+ applications running in 4 data centers.
The Network Services Manager is responsible for:
· Ensuring the optimal performance of the teams, organization structure, and procedures;
· Leading the organization on defining and achieving goals and objectives;
· Enhancing network services capabilities and architecture development;
· Automating operational processes for fulfilling service requests and supporting incident management;
· Ensuring continual updates to the strategic plans;
· Encouraging training, skills development, and succession planning;
· Reviewing metrics and SLAs for work performed;
· Auditing utilization of industry best practices and FISMA standards;
· Verifying internal audit procedures;
· Validating the inventory of hardware, software assets, changes, and configurations;
· Provisioning appropriate tools to manage and monitor the infrastructure capacity and performance
· Ensuring the accuracy and effectiveness of proposals;
· Tracking quality and timing of implementations;
· Ensuring hardware, software, and firmware to N-1 level
· Partnering with external stakeholders and internal Service Areas (including Unix, Wintel, Storage, Data Center, NCC, Mainframe, etc.);
· Working with program leadership to identify and address existing operational issues and forecast emerging issues
Influence: Leads the Network Service organization in deploying, supporting, maintaining, and optimizing the technology products, processes, standards and operational plans in support of the Infrastructure organization. Has Network Services budget, personnel, and administrative accountability. Provides Leidos senior management and senior level customer with plans, status, issues, risks of the systems functions performed by the team.
Complexity: Problems and issues faced are complex and require information gathering and analysis to understand. Problems are difficult and complex. Activities involve multiple deployments, technical support, maintenance, problem resolution, and development of ROMs and proposals for multiple projects. Resolves highly complex problems using management capabilities to influence the application of technical knowledge, conceptualizing, reasoning and interpretation. Facilitates solutions that are highly innovative, and achieved through research and integration of best practices.
Communication: Requires ability to communicate with senior management leadership (internally and client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization and technical functions. Works to convince others to accept area’s view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
Leadership / Talent Management: Requires broad management and leadership knowledge to lead the Network Services teams. Typically has advanced knowledge of the technologies supported and a broad range of knowledge of the other areas within the technology infrastructure organization.
Knowledge: Has an understanding of network services technical principles, theories, concepts and their application across range of programs. Serves as a coordinator within technical domain area.
BS degree and 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos Clearance Level: Must Be Able To Obtain Public Trust
· Data Communications, Voice Communications, Audio/Visual, and Firewall/Proxy/VPN implementation knowledge and skills;
· Experience engaging with senior-level customers
· Knowledge of Network Services Supported and DR, BCP
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.