Sr. Storage Engineer
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Storage Engineer at the Pentagon, National Capital Region.
The Senior-Level Data Storage Engineer will be part of a dynamic team to support the G2 Army MI Enterprise and serve as the primary technical point of contact for all facets of the design, building, operation, and on-site support to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The successful candidate will possess a professional customer-focused attitude, strong communication skills, and strong ethics. The candidate will work independently at times and with other Leidos and contractor team members. Limited travel in the Northern Virginia area may be required to satisfy requirements.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop, maintain, and support a mixed storage environment comprising of NetApp FAS2552 and Dell Equallogic PS6100s.
- Develop, maintain, and support physical and virtual (Hyper-V) Infrastructure environments.
- Design and develop (with other team members) secure compute, storage, and systems administration practices that meet customer requirements.
- Provide expertise to ensure that correct technologies are selected, appropriate architectures are designed/selected and implemented, and that hardware and software solutions are correctly integrated and configured to meet agreed upon project requirements.
- Provide Tier 2/3 data storage support to IT-related incidents and service requests and troubleshooting to resolve system performance or operational problems.
- Operate, maintain, and administer computer networks and related computing environment including computer hardware, software, and related documentation in accordance with IT best practices.
- Utilize CommVault for reporting metrics.
- Perform data backups as defined and required.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other system problems, and replace defective components when necessary and subject to available resources.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement security measures to protect data, software and hardware.
- Interface with customer, technical staff, team members, and management to identify issues, negotiate changes, meet deadlines, and provide strong customer service both orally and in writing, as appropriate.
- Track and support periodic hardware and software upgrades.
- Work closely with support partners to promptly resolve incidents.
- Participate in or lead special projects and day‐to‐day operations as needed or assigned by the site lead.
What qualifications you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field with 10+ years of overall related Systems Administration experience.
- 5+ years of specific experience with NetApp NAS/SAN storage environments to include clustered mode cDoT 8.2.2.
- Experience with Windows Server 2008R2, Server 2012R2, Windows 7, and Windows 8.
- Experience with Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMware).
- Understanding of ticketing systems, e.g., Remedy, HATS, Redmine, etc.
- Hands-on working knowledge of CommVault and reporting metrics.
- Currently possess DoD IAT at Level II: Security+ce, SSCP, or GSEC certification.
- Currently possess Microsoft Certified Professional certification or higher, or be NetApp (NCDA) certified.
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
Our preferred qualifications and/or skills:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline (EE, cybersecurity, Systems Engineering, etc.).
- System architecture experience.
- 10+ years of experience with NetApp NAS/SAN storage environments to include clustered mode cDoT 8.2.2 or 7-MODE.
- 5+ years of experience with scripting languages or similar configuration languages.
- Agile development mindset and capable of working in an environment of applied research with an operational analysis focus.
- Ability to develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Ability to maintain a consistently high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Experience with Lights Out Management principles and concepts.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.