Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer who will be a member of a dynamic team working on the development of software that improves aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for
efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical.
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve air traffic operations in the National Airspace System (NAS).
The Terminal Flight Data Management (TFDM) program is a Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) NextGen program based on airport surface management provides that efficiencies for both the airport surface and terminal airspace by providing a new and comprehensive integrated surface traffic control and management system.
TFDM functions include: - Surface Collaborative Decision making (SCDM), departure scheduler and other airport decision tools - Electronic Flight Data (EFD) - Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS) - Replacement or integration of multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS).
TFDM will share data among: controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency.
Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air, the ability to exchange data electronically, with the goal of a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights
more efficient from gate to gate.
- Working both as a member of a team and independently, the successful candidate will be:
Modernizing the air traffic control tower equipment by developing the Tower SImulator, creating tools like the Data Reduction and Analysis (DR&A) using Mondo database, Scenario creation/extension etc. using Java, Python and Mongo database.
- Performing software development as needed for the TFDM system
- Providing support needed for system engineering - Articulating user needs and requirements from high level user stories
- Developing the design for the user interface framework including client and server side components; analyzing and designing databases within an application
- Working in an Agile Scrum environment
- Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Experience in object oriented design and development with the Java programming
- Experience in following a documented Software Development Process
- Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS - Experience in use of the UNIX and Linux operating systems
- Experience writing Python scripts
- Experience with Mongo Database
- Familiarization with the Atlassian Tool Suite and JIRA - FAA air traffic domain knowledge LeadGen LeadGenDev
Excellent communication skills with peers to explain facts, basic analysis, processes and practices related to area.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.