Leidos currently has an opening for a software/Web developer to work in Suitland, MD. The Software/Web Developer will develop software tools to support collection and processing of social media information. Build software tools to help automate and enhance collection/data mining processes using low-level software such as Java,HTML,VBA, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop software tools to support collection and processing of social media information.
- Build software tools to help automate and enhance collection/data mining processes using low-level software such as Java,HTML,VBA, etc.
- Provide web-based solutions for complex problems that may be run as a browser add-on optimized for Firefox.
- Create software and web app elements such as user interfaces.
- *External Referral Eligible*
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience as a Software Developer, OR Web Developer, OD Bachelors in Information Systems, OR Bachelors in Social Media Analysis.
- Experience with a variety of internet technologies, techniques, and tools such as Java, CGI, Visual Basic, HTML, XML in order to create software and web app elements such as user interfaces.
- Experience in using API’s in software and from the browser address bar.
- Experience providing web-based solutions for complex problems that may be run as a browser add-on optimized for Firefox.
- Current TS/SCI security clearance.
- Masters in Information Systems, OR Masters in Computer Science OR Computer Engineering.
- 2+ years’ experience developing mobile apps in the Android environment, familiarity with Android SDK, and programming Java/CORONA for the Android OS.
- 2 years’ experience using Managed Attribution Systems.
- Experience with Data Mining Techniques focused on Social Media and publically available information.
- 1+ years of professional experience performing analysis/translation of Russian social media.
- 1+ years of experience creating websites with GUI in both Russian and English.
- Fluency in Russian to the DLPT 2L/2R Level, OR demonstrated native fluency of DLPT 3L/3R.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.