Security Administration Lead (CBP SOC)
Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Security Operations Center (SOC) is a US Government program responsible to prevent, identify, contain and eradicate cyber threats to CBP networks through monitoring, intrusion detection and protective security services to CBP information systems including local area networks/wide area networks (LAN/WAN), commercial Internet connection, public facing websites, wireless, mobile/cellular, cloud, security devices, servers and workstations. The CBP SOC is responsible for the overall security of CBP Enterprise-wide information systems, and collects, investigates and reports any suspected and confirmed security violations.
The Security Administration Lead will need to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgment and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner.
Will be responsible for Security Services, Networking, and Security Policy as well as, installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security issues. Will work with encryption algorithms, secure communications, SIEM technologies, embedded systems security and network and data communication protocols.
Will be responsible for evaluating new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities. Test security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria. Will complete technical reports and formal papers on test findings.
Will supervise changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs.
Required Skills and Education:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience security administration systems and support.
- Strong working knowledge of Security Services, Networking, Security Policy, and Consulting.
- Hands on experience installing, configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting network security solutions and related monitoring tools including L2/L3 network devices, Network Admission Control (NAC), 802.1x, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, VPN Solutions, Web Application Firewalls, Content Filtering, NetFlow Analysis.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
Strong written and oral communication.
Strong diagnosis and troubleshooting skills
Advanced working knowledge of the following:
- encryption algorithms, secure communications, SIEM technologies, and embedded systems security.
- network and data communication protocols.
- familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field such as NIST, FISMA and Common Criteria regulations and standards.
- network based IDS/IPS technologies and affiliated modes of operation.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- A+, Security+, Network+ or CISSP certification
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.