Operations Support Specialist
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking an Operations Support Specialist in San Diego, CA in support of a contract at the Naval Health Research Center.
1. The Contractor shall provide operations support for the NHRC Directorate for Administration. Specifically, this task includes, but is not limited to, the following subtasks:
a. Transportation support services shall be provided in accordance with NHRC’s Instruction 4643.1 CONTRACTOR USE OF GOVERNMENT OWNED VEHICLES
1. Provide daily oversight of Government vehicles to include routine maintenance** and cleanliness.
2. Take the vehicles for scheduled/routine and non-routine maintenance requirements.
3. File trip tickets, maintenance records and all pertinent reports related to vehicle/transportation management.
4. Monitor the dispatch of transport equipment to maximize efficiency and cost. Issue and maintain trip tickets to include the submission of required reports of usage, mileage, and maintenance.
5. Establish and schedule vehicle maintenance with the motor pool; ensure vehicles are washed and cleaned (including vacuum) at least bi-monthly and/or as needed.
6. Ensure property accountability, and submit recommendations for replacement in accordance with life cycle replacement plan.
7. Provide transportation services when required in support of command mission and needs such as picking up/dropping off supplies and mail.
8. Ensure fuel tanks for all vehicles are always filled and vehicles are ready for use.
9. Report unsafe and irresponsible use of government vehicles (GOV) to the Head, Operations Department.
10. Coordinate and submit for special vehicle requests in support of special NHRC work projects.
b. Facilities support
1. Knowledgeable in basic electricity, and handy work. Provide first-look response to facility issues by assessing customer complaint. Identify and assess complaints to determine escalation requirements and submit external trouble requests if unable to resolve basic issues.
2. Update facility manager through the Facilities Trouble ticket system. Assist with coordinating moves and general labor requirements as requested by the Facilities Manager.
3. Coordinate with department representatives and movers on the collection and temporary storage of unwanted furniture and equipment.
4. Coordinate with DRMO and movers for proper turnover of unwanted furniture and equipment.
c. Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS)
1. Assist in the receiving of all medical or non-medical property by entering relevant information in the DMLSS system in accordance with local policies and higher authority guidelines.
2. Enter system updates, equipment record changes and inventory actions per local policy and BUMED guidelines.
d. Warehouse and inventory support
1. Perform warehouse and material handling work as requested by the Operations and Facilities Managers to include transporting material from receiving to the warehouse or vice versa.
2. Provide management support of a small inventory of office supplies, and set restocking levels to support departments on their mission requirements. Ensure sufficient inventory of office supplies to preclude gap or disruption in mission accomplishment. Prepare order/purchase request form for pertinent office supplies as needed.
3. Develop command supply listing of routine and available products, and develop supply form to facilitate ordering process.
4. Establish and communicate command order fulfillment policy to establish weekly/routine ordering and delivery pattern.
1. Operations Support Specialist
a. At least 6 years driving experience with a DMV record showing no offenses.
b. DoD contractor shall provide evidence of motor vehicle liability insurance covering bodily injury and property damage protecting the contractor and DoD against third-party claims arising from the ownership, maintenance, and use of Government Owned Vehicle (GOV).
c. High-school Diploma
US Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.