Sr Training Specialist
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking a Training Specialist to support the Information Technology Enterprise Management Contract within the National Geospatial Intelligence Agency.
Responsible for instructing customers or employees on a range of program or technology services, procedures, processes, techniques, tactics, products, or skills developments. Duties may include scheduling customer TEMs to identify and prioritize training requirements; scheduling and coordinating training engagements; course definition; developing or editing training material (documentation or instructional videos); instruction delivery; captures training metrics. Independently gathers facts and knowledge needed for training development from other subject matter experts or gold knowledge bases; conducts QA reviews of training materials. Keeps abreast of training and development research and new training methods and techniques.
- Training delivery format is expected to be a mix of stand-up training, and development and maintenance of a set of instructional documentation (or brochures) delivered in MS Word and PDF formats.
- Training requirements may expand to also development and maintain Computer Based or Web Based training courseware, including related multimedia skills.
- Independently becomes a proficient user of customer conference room equipment and video facilities needed to successfully execute training requirements at scale, especially to conduct cross-site training
- With CM support, manages training materials, across classification and releasability levels from a centralized repository
- Maintains the project schedule for training development, review and engagements
- Identifies and prioritizes gaps in training; works with SMEs to obtain needed information
- Raises Export Control issues and concerns, and works with SMEs and program leadership to resolve
- Regularly checkpoints work priorities and due dates across efforts
- Fluent with MS Office and Windows desktop
- Identifies opportunities to leverage existing training or SMEs to meet training requirements
- Identifies opportunities for technology insertion and process improvement
- Experience with Geospatial and Windows-10 implementations is helpful
- Works independently on small to medium, typically low-complexity projects
- Sets objectives and schedule needed to meet training objectives across efforts
- May assist other professionals with tasks or research
- Communicates with colleagues across multiple teams: customers, project managers, service delivery managers, system administrators, conference room support staff, SMEs, etc.
- Explains solutions, practices and procedures to others within the organization.
Bachelors Degree and 8 years of relevant work experience or High School Diploma and 12 years of relevant work experience.
Active TS/SCI with Poly clearance is required
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.