Senior Graphic Designer
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Graphic Designer to join the Corporate proposal team in Rockville, MD.
The job of the Senior Graphic Designer is to conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork. Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions. May provide computer graphic services for web artwork. Provides guidance on graphic technology. Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums. May also have responsibility or input on reproduction and printing processes through in-house resources or outside vendors. Must be willing to travel to and within the National Capitol Region; Some domestic and international travel may be requested.
• Must have the ability to interpret and understand Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements
• Ability to lead a team of internal and external artists for top-priority, strategic opportunities
• Using Adobe Creative Suite and PowerPoint skills, conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork in accordance with Request for Proposal (RFP) requirements, Proposal Operations Standard Operating Procedures and Leidos branding guidelines
• Develops interpretive themes that convey ideas and information. Creates graphic presentations that communicate mood, emphasis, insight, viewpoint, and similar visual impressions
• May provide computer graphic services for web artwork
• Provides guidance on graphic technology
• Works closely with internal company contacts to understand requirements and create cost efficient graphic designs through available mediums
• Creates visually aesthetic and compliant proposal binding and packaging
• Creates presentations for proposal inclusion, customer presentations, including senior executives and special projects
• Read and interpret RFP requirements to ensure compliance with all font, page, sizing, and other proposal submission requirements
• Develops and jointly maintains Art Log of work to document proposal graphic control numbers and varied iterations and post completed work to a collaborative environment
• Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Ensure graphics and packaging are developed and maintained in accordance with Proposal Schedule
• Support during reproduction such as assembly of proposal materials, final book check, and packaging; Provides visual Quality Assurance (QA) Quality Control (QC) of all proposal graphic deliverables
• Participate in daily team tag-ups as appropriate
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design from an accredited university OR graduate of design school and 8+ years of experience.
• Expert skill with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Expert skill set with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
• Ability to communicate both verbally and written with customers and company personnel
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
• Ability to meet attendance policy
• Due to the nature of the environment (fast-paced, high volume, while meeting deadlines), the individual must be a team player, self-starter, skilled at working under pressure and must possess outstanding interpersonal skills.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance.
• Previous experience in commercial or government proposal graphics
• Previous supervisory experience and ability to train and mentor graphic artists and external vendors
• Conceives, designs, lays out, and coordinates editorial illustrations and creative artwork
• Expert skill set with Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Active Security Clearance (Secret, Top Secret-SCI)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.