Sr. Systems Administrator
The Defense & Intelligence Group of Leidos has an immediate opening for a Sr. Systems Administrator at the Pentagon.
The Sr. Systems Administrator will support the G2 Army MI Enterprise program which provides IT repair, maintenance, operations, logistics, and engineering services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of Army Military Intelligence Enterprise IT Systems. The successful candidate will perform all Systems Administrator duties providing direct support to DAMI-IM enterprise networked systems and managing Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.
What you'll be doing:
- Administer Active Directory services, member servers and storage, integrate new technologies into new and existing systems, including the transition and migration of enterprise systems.
- Determine isolation and resolution of complex hardware and software problems involving the application, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, and/or any combination thereof.
- Lead, manage, and execute projects approved by the Government and documented in the ticketing system.
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks.
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System installation, and other local area system administration related functions.
- Ensure the transition and migration of networks and development of network addressing schemes and administration of Microsoft domains.
- Perform a variety of analytical tasks which are broad in nature and are concerned with design and implementation including personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Plan and perform engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Provide input to in-progress reviews on IT projects, and maintain effective communications with government and other site leadership.
What qualifications you'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years of relevant systems administration / systems engineering experience. Additional years of relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Advanced at designing, evaluating, maintaining and troubleshooting Windows Server 2012 R2 using the most current technologies.
- Ability to upgrade Windows Server and skills needed to confidently plan, deliver, operate, and manage Microsoft server infrastructure solutions across multiple solution areas in a DoD enterprise environment.
- Expert knowledge of operational support activities with the ability to administer Windows Server and desktop Infrastructure.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft terminal services and system recovery tools.
- Currently Possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) or related MCSA/MCITP certification.
- Currently possess DoD 8570 certification at IAT II, CompTIA Security+ce or higher.
- Active DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
Our preferred qualifications and/or skills:
- Knowledge of the following systems and tools: SCCM, Hyper-V, CommVault, SQL, IIS, SMTP, DHCP, DNS, ACAS, Understanding of help desk ticketing tools (Remedy).
- Advanced knowledge of PowerShell and the ability to write custom scripts for various purposes.
- Understanding of Army enterprise environment.
- Experienced with patching and system upgrades that occurs in a classified environment.
- Customer oriented with excellent oral and written communications skills.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.