JRSS Performance Management Engineer
Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos, has an opening for a Performance Management Engineer for the JRSS team at Scott AFB, IL.
Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) located at Scott AFB, IL is partnering with the U.S. Army and Air Force to fundamentally change the way the Department of Defense (DoD) secures and protects its information networks by deploying Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS). Joint Regional Security Stacks (JRSS) are designed for security of the network to be centralized into regional architectures instead of locally distributed architectures at each military base, post, camp or station. This position directly supports the DISA-provided JRSS capabilities and services as part of the JRSS Performance Management team. We work in a performance-based environment where our performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreements (SLA) or Acceptable Levels of Performance (ALP).
- -Proactively monitor the performance of all devices and/or network elements in the entire JRSS services network
- -Perform customer traffic measurements and monitor deviations from performance standards
- -Responsible to provide reports regarding network events, or potential events, to customers and Government oversight entities, ensuring incidents are populated in the Trouble Management System
- -Provide limited analyses of incidents by: determining the incidents’ nature and formulating responses, identifying and providing the ability to surge during emergencies, correlating event and incident data and determining actions to be taken, and determining possible effects on the networks, customers and other organizations
- -Responsible to use network management and performance monitoring tools, identify components/elements which may lead to or cause network degradation or failure
-Responsible for taking customer requirements for new reports and developing initial report, and following up with the customer to ensure output meets their requirements
- -Bachelors’ degree in a relevant technical discipline with 8 years overall related experience. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- -Hold DoD-8570 IAT Level 2 baseline certification (Security+ CE, CISSP or equivalent) prior to start date
- -Currently possess an active Secret security clearance
- -Experience with the following: alarm surveillance, fault management, performance management
- -Expertise in one or more of the following: Performance or capacity planning, reporting, analysis, root cause assessment and forensics
- -Expertise in two or more of the following devices/vendors: MS Excel, Infovista, Riverbed/Opnet, Netcool, BMC Remedy
- -Ability to work in a team focused and dynamic environment
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.