Leidos is seeking an Instructional Designer/part time Program Manager to support a Northern Virginia Government customer. This position requires dual responsibility; designing both classroom and eLearning modules for adult learners as well as managing the program of 6 FTE. The position provides expertise in adult learning practices and methods to develop and enhance instructional curriculum for both classroom and web-based delivery. The position requires a TS/SCI security clearance with favorable polygraph.
The successful candidate will be required to design curriculum for adult learners both in the classroom and online. The position requires constructing lesson plans & course documentation; designing learning scenarios and case studies, conducting needs assessments, consulting with subject matter experts and other duties assigned. The program management responsibilities will require 1/3 of the position’s time.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or Instructional Technology or Adult Learning or Curriculum Design, or 5 years of equivalent experience
• 7 years of experience (within the last 10) of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Acquisition, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Training (to include 5 years in project management)
• Program management experience
• 5 years of experience supporting the intelligence community
• 2 years of experience in requirements documentation including assessment of requirements, needs analysis and plan development
• 3 years of experience using current learning models, research and theories to address learning problems and solutions
• 3 years of experience in classroom, online and blended learning design and development
• 3 years of experience with educational technologies and application in supporting synchronous, asynchronous, and self-service teaching and learning
• Demonstrated ability to design, develop, and implement instructional materials following defined processes to include electronic job aids, structured courseware, and informal learning content
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• TS/SCI security clearance (active or within scope)
• Local travel may be required
• Master’s degree in Instructional Design and or Educational Technology
• 5 years of technical operations experience
• PMP certification
• Working knowledge of government system security accreditations
• 2 years of experience estimating cost and resources
• Relevant experience implementing strategic plans
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.