Senior Database Engineer TS/SCI Polygraph required
The Cyber and SIGINT Solution Ops under Defense and Intelligence Sector of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Database Engineer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance in Annapolis Junction, Maryland.
PROGRAM SUMMARY: Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Provide Database Engineering support to Cyber Security Operations mission by providing solutions to the various teams’ challenges. Work alongside CSO analysts and developers to translate requirements into software prototype solutions using a variety of databases, APIs, frameworks and programming languages. Work with the developers and infrastructure support staff to design, develop, test, and deploy systems to meet the organizations operational needs.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: The candidate must have:
· At least 12 years of general experience in computer science, computer engineering, mathematics, or a related discipline
· At least 5 years of experience in software-intensive projects and programs for government or industry customers.
· At least 4 years of the experience must have been as a software engineer supporting software architecture development, requirement analysis, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS/GOTS tools, and integration (with both new and existing systems).
· Strong SQL and database experience (MySQL preferred)
· Database (MySQL, SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle) integration is required
· Experience developing in Linux/Windows environments is required
· Strong customer interaction skills
· Must be able to work in a team environment
· Experience in any or all is a plus:
· Scripting (Perl, Bash, Python) experience
· Experience in customer engagement and understanding and determining real customer needs.
· Familiarity with a variety of programming languages/concepts
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.