Leidos currently has a CBRN Technician opening that will support the Security Engineering Program (SEP) program in Alexandria, Va.
***Must have current Secret clearance***
***Hours are 2pm to 10pm, Monday - Friday***
The CBRN Technician serves as maintenance technician for a multimedia environmental sampling operation charged with installation, maintenance and calibration on scientific monitoring equipment; chemical research and analysis as required; and performing other maintenance related work. As needed, the CBRN Technician will also support an environmental sampling collection team charged with the collection, initial processing, packaging and preparation for lab testing of environmental media at various locations within the National Capitol Region. The Technician may also be asked to perform initial response to incidents that may involve hazardous materials. In such situations, the Technician will enter the danger area wearing full protective equipment in order to perform maintenance, sampling, identification, testing, mitigation, and containment of dangerous materials.
Due to the nature of the job requirements, work hours are subject to change to accommodate the needs of the customer (shift work on-call, weekends, and holidays as needed).
The CBRN Technician will provide technical expertise to diagnose and repair electronic malfunctions or to remove and repair, or replace, unserviceable equipment. This will include: Troubleshooting and testing faulty equipment; identifying malfunctions and repairing system malfunctions Performing required daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly maintenance checks and services on equipment; Assisting in performing confidence tests on selected equipment as needed to ensure proper operation; Assisting with system sample and identifications to determine health of equipment; Maintaining communications and downloading operational data
Other duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Apply knowledge of operation, capabilities and limitations of equipment and systems Use ingenuity in the application of shop and trade practices to solve operating and repair problems
• Troubleshoot complex chemical analysis systems that lack documentation Interact with engineers, manufacturer s representatives, and field personnel in troubleshooting and developing modifications, substitutions or, corrections to equipment to reduce breakdowns and/or simplify repairs, servicing or operation
• Read and interpret drawings, specifications, and schematics of complex operational systems that create and use many interlocking signals
• Analyze daily work reports, identify problems, interpret procedures, and problem solve to positive effect
• Maintain work records; prepare clear and concise reports
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing Learn and observe all appropriate safety precautions as required, including, but not limited to, OSHA General Industry Safety Orders, Respiratory Protection Program, and Safety Directives.
• Must have an active Secret security clearance
• High School diploma with 3+ years related experience
• A valid drivers license or the ability to meet the transportation requirements of this position.
• Candidate must be able to follow written and oral instructions regarding sampling procedures and carry out tasks safely with minimal supervision and oversight.
• Candidate should have a strong customer focus.
• Candidate must successfully pass a medical screening exam to ensure that he/she can respond to incidents involving hazardous materials.
• Basic knowledge of chemistry and chemical processes CBRNE experience (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear Explosive) Prior laboratory experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to work flexible hours (on call, shift work, weekends, and holidays as needed)
• Emergency Response Background HAZWOPER Certification
• Past military experience in working with Chemical, Biological and Radiological equipment is a plus.
• Hands on technical experience in mechanical, electrical, or any of the basic sciences.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.