Service Worker (NCI)
The Facilities Maintenance and Engineering (FME) Directorate is responsible for laboratory space, administrative space, infrastructure, campus landscape, planning, and design, and construction management at Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research.
The Service Worker (Janitor) will:
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties in laboratory and office areas
- Clean and wash windows, woodwork, furniture, floor coverings, fixtures stairwells, fire doors, bath-and restrooms
- Vacuum, dust and wet mop floors, spray buff, strip and refinish floors, clean carpets
- Operate autoclaves
- Operate industrial power equipment
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate industrial power equipment used for cleaning
- Ability to read and understand written instructions
- Perform physical duties including-lifting and carrying up to 50lbs
- Position includes: walking, standing, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, working in confined areas, potential exposure to particulates, vapors or noisy environment
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of stripping and waxing procedures for hard surfaced floors
- Responsible for the delivery of complex technical and/or administrative business support or services. Works with a limited degree of supervision
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accountable for quality and timeliness of own deliverables. May be responsible for up-skilling new starters.
- IMPACT: Results impact the immediate work area, although in customer facing roles may impact the department
- KNOWLEDGE & APPLICATION: Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job experience. Task involves a degree of forward planning and anticipation of needs /issues
- PROBLEM SOLVING: Encounter problems which are varied but similar. Guided by defined and documented process although may occasionally be expected to adapt solutions for specific situations. Resolves non-routine issues escalated from more junior team members
- INTERACTION: Conveys and exchanges basic technical or information with colleagues/clients/customers
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.