C4I Integration Manager (ICD 705)
This position is full-time (40 hours per week) for the purposes of providing on-site integration of C4I requirements into the design and construction of the Korea Air Operations Center (KAOC) at Osan AB, Korea.
Position Description: The C4I Integration Manager will serve on-site as the primary Communications Systems Engineer for the project to design and construct the new KAOC. This position coordinates and manages the design, integration and installation of C4I systems and infrastructure for the KAOC. The position will report to the KAOC PMO lead in providing services to the 7th Air Force PMO. The work requires Information Technology (IT) principles, concepts, and methods, and requires knowledge of system architecture and integration techniques. This includes strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, resource management, knowledge management, and architecture and infrastructure planning and management. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, team-focused individual; will have 5+ years of professional experience in Air Force Command & Control environments; and have a current minimum SECRET clearance.
• Plan, organize, and manage 7th Air Force activities for development and implementation of the KAOC’s C4I systems and supporting infrastructure.
• Serve as the lead for integrating the C4I system configuration and design in the KAOC and exercise authority in providing the technical direction required to ensure that C4I systems and infrastructure fully support KAOC operations.
• Coordinate C4I systems requirements with end-users and construction planners to ensure the KAOC facility is fully operational upon project completion.
• Provide expertise, authority and advice on all aspects of the KAOC communications system.
• Coordinate all phases of the acquisition, implementation, and integration of IT assets with the end users.
• Conduct research and analytical studies and develop specifications, justification, and economic analysis in support of selection and acquisition actions.
• Oversee the set-up of the C4I systems integrated into the KAOC weapons and ISR system baseline.
• Define and establish tasks in support of published operational and policy objectives, and provide advice on needed resources.
• Lead and monitor communication system project progress, and ensures work is accomplished in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
• Develop migration plans for implementation of new technology.
• Accomplish special projects for 7 AF, 607th Air Support Operations (AOC) and 694th Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Group (ISRG).
• Assist in enterprise architecture development operations. Specifically, with 607th AOC, 694th Intelligence Support Squadron (ISS), 51 Communications Squadron (51 CS) and 7AF/A6; and coordinate network and systems design issues with U.S. Forces Korea (USFK) and Republic of Korea (ROK) military.
• Prepare reports, responses to technical information queries, justifications, and background papers on the technical aspects of the assigned areas of expertise in the operational systems constructed within the KAOC facility.
The qualifications of the candidates should include:
• Certification: Project Management Institute’s Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable but not mandatory.
• Security Clearance: Individuals must hold a minimum SECRET clearance with ability to be upgraded to a TOP SECRET clearance within six (6) months from the date of hire.
• Minimum Years of Experience (ICD 705): Five years of experience (preferably in a foreign country environment) in the certification and security oversight of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) construction that complies with Intelligence Community Directive ICD 705 and DoD Unified Facilities Criteria UFC 4-010-05.
• Minimum Years of Experience (C4I Systems): Ten years managing complex project with multiple end users requiring experience which includes expert knowledge and skill in applying analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to assess the ability of C4I systems to support effective and efficient air operations to include standard acquisition regulations, practices and procedures, and other engineering disciplines to perform and execute a variety of complex engineering projects from conception to completion.
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
The position will be based in the Republic of Korea.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.