Senior Network Engineer
The Defense & Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Network Engineer to work in our Vandenberg, Air Force Base, California office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Building 7000 (B7000) Activation project mission. In this mission we will complete the design, acquisition, and installation of the communications infrastructure supporting the renovation of B7000 on Vandenberg AFB. The building will be the future facility for United States Strategic Command’s (USSTRATCOM) Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC). The communications infrastructure for the B7000 Activation Project requires installation and communication of all related equipment. Completion of these tasks must result in a state of complete operational capability. This position is on the government site and is contingent upon award.
• Install all voice, data, audio, and video wiring within the building (in walls, below floors, and above ceilings).
• Install all wiring interconnecting the: Communications Entrance Facility (CEF); data center (DC); telecommunications rooms (TR); Audio/Visual (A/V) equipment rooms (A/VER); wall / cubical / console / floor / podium outlets and inputs (Outlets); wall mounted displays; A/V control panels; speakers; microphones; and video teleconferencing equipment.
• Install, configure, and support an organization’s Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
• Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
• May monitor and test website performance to ensure websites operate correctly and without interruption.
• May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications HW and SW.
• May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
• May administer network security measures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree and 15+ years’ relevant experience in related field or 20+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Must have an active TS/SCI Clearance
• Experience in Network Management, Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, crypto devices, Solar Winds, NIPRNet, SIPRNet, JWICS.
• Experience with service desk (Tier II and III support), Configuration Management (CM), Information Assurance (IA), Systems Administration (SA), Material Management/Equipment custodial duties and test support.
• CompTIA Security+
RCDD Accreditation and Security and Telecommunications certifications (such as HIRSCH, MDI, Honeywell, PELCO).
• CCNA or CCNP
• Expert structured cabling experience (5+ years)
• BICSI certification
Referral Bonus Eligiable
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.