The Maritime Solutions Division (MSD) of Leidos’ Advanced Systems Group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. MSD is currently seeking a Project Manager to support a world-class LEAN manufacturing environment for current and future projects spanning advanced concept and prototype development, low-rate initial production and full-rate production.
This immediate opening seeks Project Manager with experience applying project management practices to technically complex systems in relatively low initial volumes. The successful candidate will work with the production manager and collaboratively with an outstanding group of engineers and production technology technicians in Long Beach, MS. You will become part of a world class team that is a recognized leader in maritime systems development, and will support production of advanced ocean electronic systems for the US Navy and the US Air Force.
• Planning, organizing, securing and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific program goals and objectives.
• Ensuring that all programs run within scope, time, and budget constraints.
• Support the sustainment and execution of fundamental LEAN tools/processes including 6S, value stream mapping, point of use storage (POUS) and visual factory displays/controls.
• Engage with the workforce to achieve successful implementation of Kaizen events including the relentless pursuit of continuous improvement by eliminating waste and increasing cycle times. Create and maintain a Kaizen wall to prioritize events and celebrate success stories.
• Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years’ total experience with project management focused on manufacturing of complex systems designed for operation in harsh environments.
• Experience with ISO9000 quality management systems.
• Effective hands-on skills and the ability to interact with shop floor personnel
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must possess an active SECRET Security clearance
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
• Background establishing, collecting and reporting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) related to LEAN manufacturing.
• Previous experience as a Cost Account Manager
• Nice to have a working knowledge of agile project management techniques including story points, burndown charts, velocity calculations, sprints, scrums, etc.
• Basic understanding of MRP systems such as effective issuance of manufacturing orders (MO’s) to the shop floor.
• Previous experience with Earned Value Management practices.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.