Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is seeking a Business Systems Analyst, to join the High Fidelity Simulation (HFS) Business Area group in Bethesda, MD. The HFS Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy.
We are looking for an energetic, motivated, self-starter for a challenging position supporting a dynamic organization that develops and produces state of the art training and simulation systems. This position is part of the team responsible for providing financial, administrative, and process support to the HFS program management and engineering teams. Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire.
- Provide financial, administrative, and process support to management and engineering teams.
- Assist in ensuring contract requirements are met, including development of project planning techniques to provide visibility on the contract.
- Assist with the development of business processes and procedures.
- Support team with budget analysis, document preparation, metrics collection, database entry, word processing and spreadsheet usage.
- Project plan development and assessment of project financial execution against plan.
- Access a combination of accounting systems and design, develop, and maintain management reports from data extracted and correlated from those accounting systems.
- Monitor and report performance against plans to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met
- Track material and travel costs against plans and maintain up to date available balances across many accounts.
- Assist with functions such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and general accounting. Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of a program.
- Assist with the planning and forecasting the level of effort and costs for multiple programs across multiple contracts.
- Assist with the development of rough order of magnitude cost estimates.
- Assist with the assessment and documentation of current business processes, research and development of improvements, and implementation and assessment of those improvements.
As the Business Area is heavily engineering oriented, past work in an engineering environment, or past engineering coursework is desired.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Information Management Systems, Information Science, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business Administration, or related degree, or equivalent experience.
· US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance prior to hire.
· Intermediate Excel skills are required. Candidate must be comfortable working with Microsoft Windows and Office products in support of day to day tasks, and must be very familiar with MS Excel.
· Candidate must be highly detail oriented and able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Candidate must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
· Candidate must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, demonstrate a solid ability to identify and solve problems, and be able to work successfully in a team environment.
· Programming experience under MS Windows and/or programming experience within MS Excel.
· Experience with Deltek/Costpoint accounting systems.
· Active DoD security clearance preferred.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.