Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer to support multiple programs focused on US Army CI/HUMINT efforts for CONUS- and OCONUS-based user communities.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the Agile software development process; will have extensive troubleshooting skills (applications run on Linux-based servers); will have good oral and written communications skills with the ability to communicate with the team; the ability to work independently, with minimal guidance; and be self-motivated with a results-oriented mindset.
• Work with a team of 6-8 engineers supporting multiple programs for the US Army in the CI/HUMINT mission space
• Develop/implement features and functionalities derived from customer requirements for Java-based web application software using an Agile Scrum and Kanban approach (involves the use of user stories, storyboard/wireframes, acceptance criteria, activity diagrams and other systems engineering artifacts as part of an Agile team).
• Use sound software engineering and object-oriented principles to ensure that developed code is maintainable, efficient, reliable, understandable, secure, and fault tolerant.
• Be knowledgeable about secure software development principles and techniques and be able to apply them in support of Information Assurance/accreditation requirements
• Participate in Scrum meetings to coordinate activities across the team
• Use software tools in cooperation with continuous integration and test automation while supporting software reuse. Provide assistance for assigned tasks to testers and integrators
• Troubleshoot issues that arise from testing and/or integrated/fielded systems
• Document features and functionalities of assigned tasks
• Support the software configuration management process
• Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and 3-5 years relevant software engineering experience.
• Minimum active DoD Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
• Experience with Java Web application development
• Experience with IDE (Eclipse/IntelliJ IDEA), database (PostgreSQL/Oracle)
• Experience with Linux and Windows
• Experience in software development on teams using Agile development practices such as Scrum, JIRA, Crucible and test-driven development (TDD) methodology
• Experience with ANT and Maven build tools
• Must be familiar with the full software development life cycle
• Working knowledge of software development environments and methodologies
• Willing to perform in critical deadline situations
• Ability to establish a solid working relationship with, technical staff, managers, and team members
• Experience in the DoD intelligence environment or equivalent government agencies
• Highly motivated, creative, and organized with strong attention to detail
• Successfully functions in a collaborative team environment committed to high-quality customer service
• Flexibility and patience in order to work in a high demand/volume work environment with changing priorities
The following skills are highly preferred:
• Proficient in Java based REST Web Services
• Experience with Agile/Scrum
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.