Firewall and VPN Engineer
The Health Enterprise Information Technology (HEIT) group at Leidos has an opening for a Firewall and VPN Engineer to work in our Baltimore, Maryland office. This position is contingent upon contract award.
The candidate will support HEIT working with a team of Information Security professionals supporting Commercial Health IT.
The successful candidate will work with stakeholders to review and implement security policy on firewall devices. Design, implement and maintain security standards/policies/procedures. Participate in security zone architecture and on-going design changes to ensure adequate security protections while enabling business value and outcomes. Implement designed solutions including device configurations while following a change management process. The candidate must be a self-starter, disciplined worker and have a professional reputation for integrity. Ability to adhere to the highest standards of ethics and professional conduct is a must.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Experience designing, deploying, and maintaining boundary security solutions.
· Experience analyzing network traffic, using a variety of network tools to assess security-related events to assist in rapid identification and isolation of issues during incidents and outages.
· Strong troubleshooting skills specific to network security and ability to effectively work in cross functional teams as needed to resolve issues
· Must have the ability to analyze information from multiple sources and apply it to the operational environment in developing and maintaining the security posture of the network
· Experience with IPSEC, VPN, and SSL
· Must have the ability to work independently on multiple tasks
· Experience configuring/administrating various firewall technologies including: Checkpoint, Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto.
· Exposure to Websense proxy configuration and management and RSA 2-factor authentication.
· Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), customer service and teaming skills and strong attention to detail.
· Experience as mentor\team lead providing work direction and guidance to other personnel.
· Industry Security Certifications (CCNA, CCNP, GSEC, CISSP, GCIA, GCFW, or other security certifications)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.