The Health Enterprise Information Technology group at Leidos has an opening for a Database Administrator to work in our Baltimore, Maryland office in support of Commercial Health. This position is contingent upon award of contract.
The candidate will support HEIT as needed utilizing their qualifications and specific skill set.
Design, develop and maintain multiple enterprise-quality software applications, databases, search engines, analytics software, etc. Work with software development, quality engineering (QE), and product management teams to design and implement features and capabilities. Help to create unit test and automation scripts. Review and provide input for product documentation. Research and solve customer issues. Research software technologies
BS degree in Computer Science/Engineering Knowledge Management or related exp and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience.
· Multi-database (cross-vendor e.g. Oracle, Sybase) development experience with particular understanding gof database to database communications
· Experience with database tuning to accommodate complex queries against large databases with an excess of a million records
· Experience with interconnection with content repositories such as Apache JCR "Jackrabbit"
· Experience with interconnection with cross domain guard technology and with web services
· Experience with Exadata systems – administration and performance tuning
· SQL and PL-SQL programming/scripting skills
Knowledge of cloud services and data storage
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.