Citrix Admin SME
The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment. The candidate will be a member of an Operations Team providing support for all aspects of customers Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp and PVS built on vSphere ESXi Hosts and NetScaler MPX. Responsible for providing Wintel technical support for multiple enterprise data centers. Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on HP Bladeframes and Cisco UCS Bladeframes. Support several hundred Virtual Machines and some Physical Machines in both the production and development environments. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems for both internal/external customers including vendors. Manage applications presentation through an assortment of technologies including Citrix XenApp and App-V. Responsible for the analysis, administration and support of Desktop, Thin Client, production workstations. Develop and maintain O&S Standard Operating Procedures for
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Strong experience administer and Support of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp 7.x and PVS built on vSphere ESXi Hosts.
· Strong experience in Application presentation through an assortment of technologies including Citrix XenApp and App-V 5.x.
· Strong experience in NetScaler MBX implementation and design
· Strong experience in Desktop Administration & troubleshooting.
· Strong experience with Roaming profiles, folder redirection, and Citrix User Profile Management.
· Strong experience deploying and managing ESX Host VMware infrastructure.
· Advanced Windows 2008/2012 server administration, server builds, troubleshooting support.
· Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals, and scripting (PowerShell).
· Solid Windows 2008/2012 NTFS and share permission, inheritance, file ownership.
· Understanding of Active Directory Group/User object manipulation.
· Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP.
· Solid understanding of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPO’s.
· Understanding of Print Queue configuration and management.
· Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
· Thin Client using Virtual Desktop Interface Technology
· Technical written & verbal communication skills (technical writing)
· Citrix XenApp
· Citrix PVS
· NetScaler MPX
· VMware vSphere
· Storage Experience (NetApp, EMC)
· Windows Server 2008/2012 & NTFS and share permission
· Active Directory Group
· infrastructure services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
· Group Policies & Login scripts
· ESX Host VMware
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.