The successful candidate will work within an ITIL environment. The candidate will be a member of an Operations Team providing support for all aspects of customers VMware infrastructure and responsible for providing Wintel technical support for multiple enterprise data centers. Build, maintain, upgrade, and troubleshoot VMware ESX Hosts on HP Bladeframes and Cisco UCS Bladeframes. Support several hundred Virtual Machines and some Physical Machines in both the production and development environments. Independently develops solutions, approaches, or makes recommendations to resolve wide range of complex or difficult problems (i.e. Network Drive mapping, log inspection, scripting, reporting, systems enhancements and etc.) for both internal/external customers including vendors. Manage Windows Server 2008/2012 domain for a large user base in a multiple domain forest configuration. This includes Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, creation and deletion of user accounts, and managing access controls. Install configure, maintain, and troubleshoot 2008/2012 servers in advanced configurations such as clusters. Be available for night and weekend on-call rotations. Work with application owners and developers for applications hosted on Windows and other x86 based hardware. These processes and production requirements often require a flexible work schedule. Candidate may need to give presentations from time to time and often this entails producing well written technical documents specific to the customer's environment and objectives. The Administrator must be able to speak clearly and communicate effectively (both written and verbally) with a customer's Technical staff as well as Senior Management. Additional responsibilities will include troubleshooting and working with other technical functional groups i.e., Service Desk, Network, EUA, Security and Engineering Team for all supported technical issues.
BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
· Strong experience deploying and managing ESX Host VMware infrastructure
· Advanced Windows 2008/2012 server administration, server builds, troubleshooting support
· Solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, TCP/IP, and internet fundamentals, and scripting (PowerShell).
· Experience deploying and managing HP and Cisco UCS Bladeframes.
· Advanced Windows 2008/2012 NTFS and share permission, inheritance, file ownership
· Active Directory Group/User object manipulation
· Solid understanding of infrastructure services: DNS, WINS, DHCP
· Solid understanding of Group Policies/Login scripts troubleshooting/reporting GPO’s
· Printer Queues configuration and management
· Familiarity with VMware vRealize Suite Cloud Management Platform (vRealize Automation, vRealize Operations etc.)
· Strong technical writing and presentation skills with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of customer organization (technical resources, management)
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.