The ISR MEP/PED Systems Division currently has an opening for a Network Engineer in Colorado Springs, CO. The position will support the Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) Operations Center (ROC)
program, as well as the other programs within the division.
You will serve as a Network Engineer on an Engineering Team in support a full spectrum of division activities primarily focused on network engineering related to mission systems operations within or in support of aircraft platforms. As a subject matter expert you will inject into each stage of the Systems Engineering Lifecycle to include but not limited to, requirements analysis, network system design, network system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Primary duties are technically hands on and include the research, development, integration, testing, troubleshooting, and fielding of network hardware, software, and appliances.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong background and experience in network engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test network hardware and software.
- Bachelor's degree in related technical discipline; additional experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 4-8 years of related experience
- Active Secret clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Certifications: Any DoD 8570 certifications of IAT Level II or higher or IAM Level I or higher (e.g. Security+ CE, CISSP, CISM)
- Candidate must be familiar with the Cisco IOS, IP routing protocols, long haul communication transport, WAN protocols, network test equipment, and NSA type 1 encryption devices.
- Require C4ISR (Command, Control, Computers, Communications, Intelligence Surveillance, and Reconnaissance) experience.
- Excellent communication skills in team environments and superior customer service skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Must be able to rack up servers and IT equipment in accordance with installation prints and physically lift 50lbs
- Familiarity with NIST RMF SP 800-53
- Experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.