Jr Software Tester
Leidos is seeking a Jr Software Tester who will be part of a test team with opportunities to test different products using both manual and automated testing.
The candidate will provide testing support for all software applications tiers including front-end functional testing, middle-tier testing of web services and other APIs, and testing back end ETL and other data processes. In addition, the candidate is expected to perform regression and integration/acceptance testing in an agile development environment. Candidate may also participate in requirements reviews to provide feedback on requirements and to ensure that functional requirements are testable and adequately documented to drive the test process.
Key areas of responsibilities:
• Develop test plans, and test cases from requirements, design documents and specifications
• Estimating test case writing and execution effort and keeping track of own progress
• Test case authoring and holding test case reviews with stakeholders
• Execution of test cases including functional, smoke, regression, performance, load and integration tests
• Identifying regression test candidates for automation and automating those test cases
• Integrate test automation activities with other sprint activities
• Reporting, tracking, validating and closing defects
• Recording test results and reporting them
• 508 compliance test execution and documentation
• Participation in daily scrum meetings and weekly test team meetings
• Install, maintain, or use software testing programs
• Supporting our metrics program by keeping track and gathering metrics on all testing activities
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or 4 years of related work experience.
• At least 1 year of experience performing as a software tester
• Working knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile-Scrum development methodology
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in using test management tools
• Experience with test automation
• US Citizenship
• An Active TS/SCI DoD security clearance, ability to pass CI Poly
• ISTQB Certified Tester
• Experience with SQL server and experience with writing and executing backend tests using SQL.
• Experience with Selenium, XPath and Java
• Experience with 508 compliance testing
• Experience using Windows operating systems such as Windows 7 and 10
• Experience using VMware
• Experience with SharePoint 2010/2013
• Candidates with experience in creating and implementing automated tests will be given special consideration
• Experience working in federal contracting
• CI poly within last 5 years preferred
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.