Deputy Program Manager (NASA)
The Deputy Program Manager (DPM) shall be the Contractor’s individual responsible for the daily operations of the entire MOSSI program. The DPM shall report to the Program Manager (PM) and work with the PM for the performance of the overall MOSSI program. The DPM shall oversee, on behalf of the Contractor, all technical work scope on the contract, including, but not limited to, technical integration and process support, operations integration, operations preparation, training, mission execution, and ground systems, and IDIQ tasks. The DPM supports the PM with resource allocation, billing and invoicing, and meeting project milestone objectives. The DPM shall work directly with the NASA Contracting Officer Representative (COR) to coordinate technical work scope and project performance activities.
The DPM shall have the following responsibilities:
1. Develop and maintain complex master project schedules for multiple, simultaneous projects. Confirm all tasks are assigned sufficient resources to meet project goals / timelines.
2. Oversee the planning, executing, controlling, and closing of MOSSI projects.
3. Work with the technical and management team to identify risk, and determine risk mitigation strategy.
4. Oversee technical work scope performance.
5. Coordinate project management and sustainment activities, scheduling, technical engineering, performance, material ordering, staging, deliverables, billing, training, subcontracting, and any other activities associated with the daily performance of this Contract
6. Recommend technical capabilities and process improvements.
7. Create and manage communication plans to ensure adequate notification exists for all planned project tasks.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience.
- • Strong leadership skills to ensure team motivation and certification sustainment, as well as plan for future staffing and training needs;
• Understanding of Leidos PM responsibilities and program reporting requirements;
• Strong oral and written communication skills;
• 2+ years experience in project/program management;
• Experience managing software development, deployment, and operations support program;
• Experience in NASA or similar 24 X 7 X 365 Operations Control Center;
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent, and complex tasks/projects;
• Understanding of the NASA Marshall Space Flight Center Mission;
• 10+ years experience with NASA Programs or similar work
• 2+ years as a DPM of a NASA Program or in management of a profit/loss center;
• Certified as a Project Management Professional® (PMP) in accordance with the Project Management Institute (PMI) ®
• Experience with MSFC Mission and POIF and HOSC functions;
• Experience in NASA International Space Station (ISS) Program Control Board or similar environment;
• Extensive experience with Federal Program management
• Understanding of ISS Payload Developer processes
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.