Simulation Operator / Technician
The Simulation Technician/Operator (Sim Tech) will assist with the general computer operations of the simulation program by providing technical and general support in the development and use of simulation for the healthcare training courses at the CDP. Simulation support of Training and Exercise requirements at the CDP provides students with an enhanced immersive training environment that facilitates their opportunity to treat and manage casualties within a community and/or regional response framework, broadening their specific knowledge and experience in their first responder or first receiver roles.
Specific emphasis at the CDP is placed on the response and management of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) mass casualty incidents, as well as, incidents caused by Public Health, Active Shooter, Natural and or Industrial Events. The Simulation Operator (Sim Tech) reports to the Simulation Team Lead in support of Training and Exercise support requirements. The ability to work in a dynamic environment and with a diverse population required.
• Prepare and maintain simulation equipment and supplies, media computers, and materials related to the simulation environment.
• Operate manikins and computer equipment in accordance with the simulation department policies and manufacturer’s recommendations.
• Adhere to company policies and procedures and meet established deadlines.
• Provide occasional support to other departments to include Logistics by assisting in the maintenance and repair of training equipment; transporting and setting up training equipment; and performing warehousing, packing, and shipping duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School graduate or GED equivalent combined with one year of professional experience required.
• Advance EMT certification or higher.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to lift, turn, and carry material (up to 60 pounds).
• Possess a valid driver’s license.
• Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-placement screening consisting of background check and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
• All Simulation Operators must have the accepted form of government-issued ID compliant with the Real ID Act.
• Due to Federal Contract Regulations U.S. citizenship is required.
EMPLOYMENT CONTINGENCY: Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship required. Must successfully complete a pre-placement screening consisting of background check, financial institutions/credit bureau check, and disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act.
Due to Federal Contract Regulations, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.