Computer Operations Analyst
Leidos Information Technology Services (ITS) Group is looking for a Computer Operations Analyst to join our Operations Support Center Tier 1 team in San Diego, CA.
In this role, you will interact heavily with large portion of
the ITS Staffing team. This team serves as a vital link between the developers / application support teams and scheduling of all production batch processing. You will collaborate with administrators and developers / programmers to develop precise restart / recovery instructions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Correlate, establish relationships and implement the functions associated to batch scheduling, creating calendars, setting
variable and operating an enterpriser scheduler is the priority job requirement.
- Understand the movement of program code between instances is another aspect of performing this job.
- Support IT initiatives and projects, which ultimately stream back and involve batch processing.
- Preparation of flowcharts, outlining nightly execution of jobs is for tracking purpose is required.
- Focus on the current work flow relating to processes and services by making suggestions for improvement.
- Provide after-hour support for production batch scheduling.
- Perform tidal maintenance and administrative tasks.
- Participate in the change management process, by attending release board meetings and scrutinize change requests
assigned to the Operations Support Team for processing.
- Take the lead in resolving problems/issues within scheduling resulting in continual abnormal termination or force
completed jobs, or by reaching out to developers/application team.
- Interacts daily with manager, supervisor, peer groups, and customers which normally involve exchanges or presentation
of factual information. Respond to requests for assistance in a professional and courteous manner.
- Works on assignments that are highly complex in nature where judgment is resolving problems and making
recommendations after analyzing the situation.
- Ensures standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- High School diploma and 2-4 years of Computer Operator Specialist experience.
- Experience with Tidal Enterprise Scheduler and MS Office Suite
- Problem Tracking System experience.
- Understand the required analyses and definition associated to production batch processing.
- Has knowledge of scheduling solutions which promote efficient batch processing and assist in expedient turn-around of
- Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, peers, management, customers and developers (via voice and
correspondence) to remedy outstanding problems
- Adapt to and acquire familiarity with use to new systems/software
- Function day-to-day independent of significant supervisory guidance
- Perform oncall duties
- Experience with the following: SQL 2008 R2, Windows, Tivoli Enterprise Console, EMGT performance monitoring,
Remedy Problem Reporting / Change Management System
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.