The Cloud SystemsEngineer will provide design and development of cloud architectures and environment for AWS cloud environments as well as hybrid cloud solutions and offerings. This position will directly contribute to government’s overall enterprise cloud architecture, cloud migration and development of cloud-based applications. We are looking for a strong full stack cloud systems engineer to help build out and run our production environments as well as our build, test, and deployment infrastructure.
The Cloud Engineer will work with other technology and security teams to develop maintain the transfer of the government data centers. The successful candidate possesses excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to collaborate with others across the government to identify opportunities and risks, develop, and deliver solutions that support business strategies and cloud solutions.
The Cloud Systems Engineer should be passionate about automation and making complex operations easy to run. Should know their way around Linux and cloud infrastructure, and like the challenge of building things to run at scale. Expected to be an expert in continuous integration, continuous delivery and have used these technologies to help teams go to market faster and more consistently.
This engineer will have strong cloud platform experience (preferably with Amazon Web Services) and will be responsible for automating operations, maintaining and supporting infrastructure, coding and scripting, as well as communicating and collaborating with, and advising our development teams. Fundamental Components:
* Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
* Operational database responsibilities: configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, backups, high availability etc.
* Look for ways to improve and streamline processes and procedures
* Identify security issues and risks, and develop mitigation plans
* Other duties and responsibilities as assigned maintain and support infrastructure for all environments.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
* 3+ years of experience working with Software Development and 2+ years of Cloud Technologies experience.
* Working experience with Serverless Technologies such as; AWS, Google, Cloud, MS Azure or other widely used Cloud Platform.
* Experience working in an Agile Development Software environment.
* Experience with infrastructure monitoring tools: Splunk, AWS, CloudWatch, etc
* Strong experience with NoSQL and SQL.
* Strong experience with Linux environments.
* Experience with Github or Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence
* Working understanding of Container Technologies such as; Docker.
* Proficient experience with Development Management Tools such as; Puppet and Ansible.
* Experience with Elastic, Logstash, Kibana(ELK Stack) is preferred
* Several years of experience with Continuous Integration Tools such as; Jenkins and Bamboo.
* Strong understanding of the entire AWS Product and Service Suite ( Ec2, S3, VPC, CloudFormation, RDS, Lamda, Redshift, EMR, SQS, SNS , etc) of products and their applicable use cases, best practices and implementation and support considerations.
* Experience with Web Server Technologies (Nginx and/ or Tomcat) .
* Experience with Web Security.
* Design and develop architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems.
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues in the various cloud environments
* Linux systems administration (configuration, hardening, and support)
* Automate infrastructure configuration and deployment
* Design, automate, maintain and document the cloud infrastructure for a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) process
* Lead the design, development, and testing of integration testing in a cloud environment
* Act as the senior technical representative for Enterprise Cloud solutions while engaging with other senior technical leaders throughout organization in design and implementation of cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions.
* Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions.
* Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
The candidate must currently possess and eligible for Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
* 8 - 10 years’ experience in an information technology field.
* CloudTrail, vArmour, Dome9 Security, Illumio, McAfee Skyhigh, and Symantec Elastica
* Experience with assessment, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes (secure software development (Application Security)
* Working knowledge of common and industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms (OAuth, OpenID, SAML, etc.)
* Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
* Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated.
* AWS and Azure certifications are desired
BS Degree in IT or related field. 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.