Sr Java Developer
Leidos is seeking a Sr. Java Developer for Baltimore location.
The Senior Java Developer shall have extensive experience in developing, maintaining Java based applications. Has prime accountability for major projects and will develop detailed and robust design, code, test, and implement proposed systems. Ability to develop technical solutions, and document the solution architecture and design using UML. Hands-on experience with projects supporting Cloud infrastructure, Service Oriented Architecture and Microservices Architecture principles, work independently and provide technical directions to team members.
The candidate shall also possess strong oral and written communications skills.
• The candidate will present concepts using UML and be willing to challenge other team member’s designs as well as receive and incorporate feedback.
• The candidate will be responsible for creating maintainable, adaptable, scalable, defect-free code using software development best practices and coding standards (i.e. software reuse, refactoring, continuous integration, test automation, secure development, Test Driven Development, static code analysis, peer/code review).
This position requires someone who is proactive and passionate about ensuring the quality of software deliverables and continuous improvement and can communicate with the development teams what is required to achieve this effectively on tasks.
Education & Experience:
Bachelors + 11 Years or Masters + 9 Years of professional experience
Key Required Skills:
Experience with Cloud Deployment, Dockers/container management, node.js, micro services/spring/spring boot, Angular/React, Open shift, Agile Development
• Experience with JEE technologies, Struts 1.3x and Struts 2, Spring Framework (IoC, MVC, Transactions, Security, Batch), Spring Boot, Spring JDBC, JPA, Hibernate, SOAP/RESTful, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle, DB2, SonarQube, Git, Tomcat, WebSphere and VersionOne in an Agile software development environment.
• Experience with Web Services Technology (XML, JAXP, JAXB, JAX-WS, AXIS, JERSEY, JSON, CXF, REST and SOAP) and Security (LTPA, JWT, OAUTH2).
• Strong XML processing experience such as XSD, XPath, XSL, XSLT, etc.
• Experience with Object Oriented Design (OOD), Object-oriented programming (OOP) and development, data structures and design patterns.
• Experience with Agile framework and ability to apply best practices using industry standards throughout the software development phase.
• Hands-on experience with various frameworks such as AngularJS, jQuery, ReactJS, and node.js.
• Experience coding “responsive” web pages, with cross-browser limitations and standard-compliant.
• Experience with RDBMS and database design and troubleshooting (Oracle, PL/SQL, DB2, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
• Experience with Automated unit test (i.e. JUnit, Mocking frameworks), Test Driven Development (TDD), and Behavior-driven development (BDD) (Cucumber).
• Experience with writing Java Batch applications with spring batch or other batch frameworks.
• Knowledge of web application security vulnerabilities and how to address them.
• Experience with DevOps, full automated deployment (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and test automation, working knowledge of Jenkins, Maven and Shell Scripting.
• Experience with building Spring based, cloud native, 12 factor applications.
• Hands-on Design and development experience on Microservices and Restful API.
• Experience with designing, architecting, and presenting technical Cloud-based solutions throughout the life cycle, from early capture through proposal and delivery.
• Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within OO application systems.
• Communication skills to present ideas and concepts effectively; strong and proven problem solving.
• Strong communication and documentation skills.
• Self-starter, highly motivated individual, a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment, and the ability to mentor others.
• Experience with version control software such as MKS and GIT.
• Able to multi-task and work in a dynamic, fast-pace environment.
• Ability to investigate/research issues, determines impact, and provide solutions.
• Deep Knowledge of PaaS offerings such as Redhat Openshift, and Docker is preferred.
• Experience running on a cloud environment with Cloud Computing such as AWS and MS Azure.
• Experience with the implementation of Section 508 standards for Web Applications.
• Exposure to writing Technical White Papers and systems design documents.
• Prior experience with federal or state governments IT projects.
Requires US Citizen or US Person (Green Card Holder) with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.