Microsoft SQL Server Data Analyst
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is seeking a Microsoft SQL Server Data Analyst to support our operations at the Naval Submarine Medical Research Laboratory (NSMRL) in Groton, CT. NSMRL conducts research and investigates the effects of medical, psychological, and performance issues associated with the health and performance of naval personnel in operational and non-operational settings.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Build and maintain a relational database in support of the Submariner Epidemiology Research Program (SERP) research effort.
• Perform database administration tasks including installation, configuration, monitoring, maintenance, tuning, and backup/recovery using Microsoft SQL Server 2008.
• Perform database maintenance tasks such as dumps/uploads and upgrades.
• Import data into a MSFT SQL 2008 environment using scripts or other automated methods.
• Monitor data integrity, manage data cleaning/quality control, and perform data validation and integrity checks.
• Write and manage complex SQL data queries, stored procedures, schema, trigger, etc. from end user requirements.
• Maintain compliance with applicable security protocols.
• Manage database logins/permissions and oversee database access.
• Ensure database availability.
• Consistently meet task deadlines while maintaining high quality of deliverables.
• Author procedural and standards documents for databases.
• Promote adherence to database policies within the program.
• Perform troubleshooting investigations of databases and coordinate resolution of problems.
• Stay abreast of Microsoft SQL server updates and implement plan for rolling out relevant features and upgrades.
• Transfer paper-based records from external sources onto computerized systems.
• Build and manipulate analytic datasets.
• Perform basic data analyses independently and support senior NSMRL staff on complex analyses, including data modeling.
• Participate in formation of research questions and epidemiological analysis plans.
• Interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
• Perform other administrative, analytic, and database duties as needed to support SERP.
• Adhere to security procedures to protect the database from accidental or intentional damage or loss. Perform backup of databases, as needed.
• Development and implementation of applications for data retrieval and entry.
• Document database design and development.
• Design and distribute free standing as well as ad hoc reports.
BS Degree and 6-8 years of database administration experience
• Due to Federal contracting requirements, candidates must be US Citizens.
• The candidate will be required to acquire, at a minimum, a SECRET classification access level. Preference will be given to a candidate who already has this clearance level.
• Candidates should have completed a Bachelor's degree in computer science; however, significant SQL and database experience may be applicable in lieu of education.
• COMP TIA Security+ Certification is required.
• Candidates must demonstrate an understanding and experience with handling personally identifiable information (PII)/protected health information (PHI), including a thorough knowledge of HIPAA policies and procedures.
• Candidates must demonstrate the ability to interact and effectively communicate both written and orally with a wide variety of people.
• Skills should include a foundational and theoretical understanding of general scientific principles.
• Experience in a human subject research setting and experience in the US federal government system is highly desired.
• Work is to be primarily performed on a government installation. The normal work week is Monday through Friday 0800 to 1630.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.