Program Manager- Cloud
Leidos Veterans Health is seeking a Program Manager to perform the following tasks, which may require the use of GFE (Government Furnished Equipment).
- Apply industry best practice Project/Program Management techniques to support data center consolidation activities.
- Follow guidance from consolidation project planning documents.
- Provide feedback for project plans to increase efficacy in follow-on consolidation activities.
- Conduct and/or validate documentation on all VA IT equipment hardware (servers, virtual hosts, storage devices, switches, firewalls, etc) within the datacenter using a combination of logical and physical tools and methods.
- Document the physical configuration of the data center and all equipment, hardware, furniture, and similar within the space.
- Document the logical configuration of the data center and how networks provide WAN and LAN connectivity to users in the administrative building.
- Manage network capacity performance testing on networks for remote operations; make appropriate technical recommendations to the consolidation program to satisfy user needs in the future operating environment.
- Identify appropriate target environments for relocation of IT services to target operating environments.
- Conduct business, contracting, and technical coordination to implement approved IT service migrations.
- Manage and provide technical representation of supporting contract task orders necessary to support consolidation project activities.
- Lead technical and non-technical project coordination meetings with stakeholders. Maintain project documentation.
- Modify, create, and close out support agreements to meet consolidation operational intent.
- Supervise supporting contract operations to meet consolidation operational intent.
Knowledgeable with past experience on technology or facility related projects Interpersonal communication within a complex enterprise organization Technical communication with attention to detail Understanding of implied tasks and interdependencies Integration of complex information into structured data sets using standard office software Project management (PMP certification preferred but not required) Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 10 years of professional experience; or 8 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree. Considered an emerging authority.
Cloud implementation experience is required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires a BA degree and 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 years of prior relevant experience.
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.