Leidos Defense and Intelligence Group is seeking a Project Manager to work on an upcoming effort supporting EUCOM and AFRICOM in Stuttgart, Germany.
- Leads team on large projects or significant segment of large complex projects.
- Analyzes new and complex project related problems and creates innovative solutions involving finance, scheduling, technology, methodology, tools, and solution components.
- Provides applications systems analysis and programming activities for a Government site, facility or multiple locations.
- Prepares long and short-range plans for application selection, systems development, systems maintenance, and production activities and for necessary support resources.
- Oversees all aspects of multiple projects.
- Directs all phases of programs from inception through
- Coordinates subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions.
- Manages the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
- Negotiates contracts and contract changes.
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
- Acts as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Establishes design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for product research, development,integration and test.
- Develops new business or expands the product line with the customer.
- Establishes milestones and monitoring adherence to master plans and schedules, identifying program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
- Experience directing the work of employees assigned to the program from technical,manufacturing and administrative areas.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
***Must hold active Secret Clearance to begin work on contract, may be required to obtain up to Top Secret/SCI based on customer and program requirements***
- Five years of intensive and progressive experience in program control, risk assessment, risk mitigation development, and risk management processes and procedures within a performance based,computer system / IT related program environment
- Broad-based systems engineering background that includes IPT information, leadership, and results; user liaison; user technical services, and/or quality control techniques (e.g., user surveys) and analysis focused on continuous improvement of user satisfaction
- Proven ability to translate user feedback into service improvement, including definition of new process requirements,refinement of existing processes and procedures, and modifications to in-service training for service personnel
- Ability to facilitate user working groups / conferences to gauge current attitudes across the user community; as-certain emerging requirements; and solicit face-to-face user feedback
- Ten years of progressive IT experience
- Five years managing and working with users in a high performance computing environment
- Experience managing Network Operations and Maintenance
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.