Machine Learning Systems Engineer
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) at Leidos is currently seeking an experienced systems engineer to support cognitive radio frequency (RF) and machine learning (ML) development for the Leidos electronic warfare division in Arlington, VA. The selected engineer will apply cognitive RF and ML technologies to the EW domain across various technology readiness levels. Will have the opportunity to develop solutions using ML to address a various operational challenges of national interest.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Apply machine learning tools, algorithms, and techniques to RF systems
• Create modelling and simulations to generate machine learning data sets, performance metrics, and other products
• Develop data visualization, demonstrations and presentations for customers
• Support real time SW and HW integration and test
• Travel to support customer interchange meetings and potential field test events in the United States
• Provide technical leadership for program teams and support business development efforts related to RF machine learning development programs
• Collaborate with customers in the Department of Defense, as well as industry, to define system capabilities and functionality
• Interact with stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization, to ensure customer satisfaction
External Referral Eligible
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below
• Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, computer science, math, physics, or relevant degree along with 4-8 years relevant experience
• Master's or PhD preferred with 2-4 years related experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Security Clearance.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration
• Coursework or background in one of more of the following:
• Machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, or autonomy
• Big data management and/or analytics
• Familiarity with electronic warfare, radar, signal processing algorithms, techniques and related technologies
• Technical proficiency in one or more of the following:
• Machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Azure, Torch, etc.
• C++, C#
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.