Systems Engineer, Senior
The Advanced Solutions Group (ASG) of Leidos has an opportunity for a Senior Systems Engineer with extensive U.S. Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) engineering experience on complex, wide-ranged UAS systems, located in our Huntsville, Alabama offices.
Member of an Engineering Team supporting a full spectrum of division activities:
- Requirements analysis, system design, system integration, functional testing, and all associated documentation. Employ standard methods, processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities.
- Support of security engineering, certification and accreditation and other IA activities as required.
- Coordination of cross functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks
- Act as team lead, as required.
- Provide support to functional areas including requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment.
- Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Systems design, integration, troubleshooting, testing, and documentation for operational maintenance team
- Develop and transform low/high-level design artifacts into working systems.
- Develop test plans that validate customer driven requirements are met
- Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams
- Support system engineering activities to ensure system functionality
- Support information assurance accreditation events
- Support of information assurance assessments and accreditation awards
- Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders and end users
- Solve complex problems and positively impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional & project objectives.
- Solve complex problems and positively impact multiple area or disciplines. Provide measurable input to new solutions, processes or standards in order to achieve functional/project objectives.
- Communicate with executive leadership (internally or customer) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project. Works to convince others to accept areas view/current practices and agree/accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Successful management of cost, schedule and performance for the small, tactical and medium-altitude endurance systems such as RQ-11 Raven, RQ-7B Shadow UAS and MQ-1C Gray Eagle programs.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BS degree from an accredited engineering school and 8-12 years related engineering experience; additional years of experience may be considred in leiu of a degree
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Windows and Unix/Linux operating system platforms
- Strong background in systems engineering or related information technology field to include the ability to integrate, troubleshoot, and test hardware and software
- Previous information technology experience
- Experience coordinating with Third Party Hardware and Software Vendors for successful systems integration and testing
- Demonstrated expertise in virtualized environments (Citrix, VMWare, etc)
- Awareness and familiarity with cross domain and multi-level security solutions
- Demonstrated ability to manage assigned systems engineering projects
- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities.
- Experience with Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio)
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
- Experience developing Systems requirements
- Experience leading IPTs or smaller task teams
- Experience developing, integrating and supporting Army Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination mission platforms
- Experience applying regulatory and industry best practice security hardening to systems
- Secret security clearance
- Prior military and/or Government service
- Ability to obtain/hold a Top Secret clearance
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Experience with Department of Defense information systems
- Experience with US Army UAS
- Government Report and/or technical writing skills
- Experience with open architectures
- Ability to develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for new opportunities
- Experience with RMF A&A process and supporting documentation
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication, and presentation skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.