Lead Solutions Architect/Systems Engineer - TS/SCI Polygraph Required
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Solution Architect and Team Lead of system engineers, system analysts, and network administrators to architect, design, build, deploy, and support a wide range of customer-site high profile environments in support of prototype and research development activities. Responsibilities range from meeting with internal and external customers in Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), to flushing out and documenting technical requirements, to providing technical briefings, to working with vendors to define the best solutions, to understanding the mission needs in order to architect the best combination of hardware software needed solutions, and then articulating those requirements to the engineering teams to build and deploy the systems/solutions.
Bachelor's Degree and 15+ years of experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS/EDUCATION: The candidate must have:
· At least 18 years of general experience as a systems analyst, including five years of experience in systems administration, systems analysis.
· Evaluate COTS and GOTS solutions to meet customer requirements.
· Communicate customer priorities and constraints to customer leadership and project staff.
· Manage project staff to ensure steady and high quality technical progress.
· Manage project staff to maintain a calm professional atmosphere.
· Recommend improvements to customer (e.g. process improvements, team organizational structure, staffing, equipment/software purchases, etc)
· Very strong solutions architect experience with a command of commercial products.
· Looking for an Architect-like person with broad experience, from identifying hardware and software solutions, standing up enclaves, system administration, networking, storage, and software development.
· Strong technical leadership skills.
· Strong communication skills (verbal + written) is essential – frequent daily interaction with customer staff; must be proficient in MS PowerPoint + Word
· Past team/technical lead experience essential
· A strong background in system administration, lab management, and vendor relationships/management preferred
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.