HPC Analyst (NCI)
The mission of the Biomedical Informatics and Information Technology (BIDS) is to leverage leading-edge data science and information technology skills and capabilities to provide the best tools and services to accelerate translation of biomedical data to scientific discoveries, medical treatments, and diagnostic and prevention tools for cancer and AIDS patients.
The BIDS Strategic and Data Science Initiatives Group has a focus to establish new collaborations in computing and data science to address cancer challenges and accelerate cancer research. The group’s efforts include developing the capacity within the NCI intramural research community to increasingly employ high-performance computing, as well as establishing a longer-term direction and path forward for broader NCI, academic, government, and private industry participation in predictive oncology.
KEY ROLES/RESPONSIBILITIES-THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON FUNDING APPROVAL
- Write custom scripts for High Performance Computing (HPC) pipelines. (bash, python, perl)
- Develop, run, and enhance custom machine-learning, deep learning workflows (scikit learn, keras, tensorflow)
- Develop, run, and enhance image analysis, segmentation, classification tasks. (scikit-image, ITK, VTK).
- Schedule and run workflows on HPC systems
- Conduct performance evaluation and optimization of jobs that run on HPC systems.
- Create and maintain containers for various HPC pipelines (Docker/Singularity)
- Code optimization on multicore machine/ accelerator is a plus. (CUDA, OpenMP, OpenACC, MPI)
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in biochemistry or computational sciences or a related field from an accredited college or university according to the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Foreign degrees must be evaluated for U.S. equivalency.
- Four (4) years’ experience with one or more scripting language: Bash, Phython, Perl
- Four (4) years’ experience with one or more programming language: C/C++, Java
- Four (4) years’ experience with Linux operating system.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science/ Computer Engineering, Artificial Intelligence or related field
- Experience in life science applications (image processing, molecular dynamics, bioinformatics, etc.)
- Two years of experience with one or more machine learning / deep learning framework: scikit learn, Keras, TensorFlow
- Experience with container technologies: Docker, Singularity
- Experience with High Performance Computing programming API and standards: MPI, OpenMP, OpenACC, etc.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.