Systems Engineer - Infrastructure
The Leidos Defense & Intelligence Group has a current opening for a Systems Engineer supporting the U.S. Government. The position requires a TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
- The position will support the program as infrastructure subject-matter expert responsible for a remote data center during all phases of engineering projects for system maintenance, modifications, and upgrades.
- The infrastructure engineer supports the operation and maintenance of the remote data center HVAC and power systems, including the environmental control units (ECUs), diesel generator system and associated switchgear, uninterruptable power supply (UPS), and other electrical systems in order to maintain stable and reliable cooling and electrical power for a mission system.
- The infrastructure engineer supports the overall operations and maintenance of the customer mission system, with duties including:
- Provide 24/7 on-call support on a rotating basis
- Troubleshoot system anomalies, document discrepancies, recommend and implement corrective actions
- Perform analysis on equipment as required to maintain performance
- Support the automated collection and analysis of data from the remote data center infrastructure components; recommend updates to improve the predictive analytics and diagnostic capabilities of the automated tools
- Review, analyze, and provide recommended updates to all operational and maintenance procedures and technical drawings.
- The infrastructure engineer will be expected to conduct periodic travel to a remote (OCONUS) site at least once per year for 2-3 weeks to perform preventative maintenance on infrastructure and other system equipment and to perform system enhancements.
Candidate is required to have a current Top Secret/SCI clearance with polygraph.
Candidate must have:
- Experience operating and maintaining data center facilities and equipment
- Experience with power systems
- Experience with HVAC systems
- Familiarity with operations and sustainment processes and methodologies
- Electrician and/or HVAC Professional Certification
- Knowledge of at least one other program technical discipline -information technology, networks and comms, physical security, environmental control systems, and software applications (such as Splunk, power system and HVAC control software)
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new disciplines
- Experience with field engineering activities
- Experience with Navy and/or Maritime systems and technology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a global science and technology solutions leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported pro forma annual revenues of approximately $10 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2016 after giving effect to the recently completed combination of Leidos with Lockheed Martin's Information Systems & Global Solutions business (IS&GS). For more information, visit www.Leidos.com. The company’s diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply. Leidos will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment in accordance with relevant Laws. Leidos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.